Lasagna Party Ring
Ain't no party like a lasagna party! This lasagna party ring is a fun and creative way to serve a classic Italian dish. The layers of pasta and cheese are arranged in a ring and baked until bubbly and golden brown.
for 10 servings
- 18 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for greasing
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ lb 80% lean ground beef (340 g)
- ¾ lb ground sweet italian sausage (340 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 28 oz crushed tomato (795 g)
- 15 oz ricotta cheese (425 g)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese (55 g), plus more for serving
- ¼ cup fresh basil (10 g), chopped, plus more for serving
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (200 g)
- ½ cup marinara sauce (115 g), for serving
- nonstick cooking spray
- Calories 454
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Boil the lasagna noodles in a large pot of salted water until al dente, or 2 minutes shy of the package directions. Drain and lay the cooked noodles on an oiled baking sheet, oiling any overlapping noodles to prevent sticking.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large pot over high heat, add the canola oil, onion, and garlic, and cook until they begin to brown, stirring occasionally, 2-3 minutes. Add the beef, sausage, salt, and pepper and cook, breaking up the meat as you stir, until all of the moisture has evaporated and the meat is starting to brown on the edges, 4-5 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, then reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the sauce becomes extremely thick, almost paste-like, stirring occasionally, 10-15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, basil, and egg and mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Slice 6 of the lasagna noodles in half. These will serve as the layers in between the meat and the cheese mixture.
- Spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray, then lay 12 noodles into the bottom of the pan, fanning them out in an overlapping pattern. One end of the noodles should run up the center of the pan, and the other end of the noodles should hang over the sides.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella into the bottom of the pan on top of the noodles. This will help bind the noodles together when cooked. Spread half of the meat mixture evenly in a ring over the top of the mozzarella, then lay half of the cut noodle pieces over the top to create a noodle layer. Spread all of the ricotta mixture over the noodles in an even ring, then layer with the rest of the noodles and the rest of the meat sauce.
- Fold the edges of the lasagna noodles hanging over the sides of the pan back towards the center, creating another overlapping pattern. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella evenly on top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the cheese is a deep golden brown.
- Cool for about an hour, then carefully invert the ring onto a cutting board. Slice the ring, then top with any extra Parmesan and basil. Place a small bowl filled with marinara in the center of the ring for dipping, and serve.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.