Say goodbye to traditional lasagna and hello to Lasagna Roses! These individual servings of lasagna are beautifully presented, with layers of pasta, tomato sauce, and a blend of ricotta and parmesan cheese.
for 18 servings
- 1 package lasagna noodle, cooked
- olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 lb sausage (455 g)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (110 g), divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup fresh basil (15 g), chopped, divided
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), chopped, divided
- 24 oz tomato sauce (680 g), 1 jar, divided
- 6 oz tomato paste (170 g), 1 can
- 16 oz ricotta cheese (455 g)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (200 g), divided
- Calories 354
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 23g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook until softened.
- Add the ground beef, breaking it apart with a spoon, and stir until browned.
- Add the sausage, breaking it apart with a spoon, and stir until browned.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan, salt, pepper, 3 tablespoons basil, and 2 tablespoons parsley, and stir to combine.
- Add 2 cups (520 g) of the tomato sauce and the tomato paste. Continue stirring until the meat sauce is bubbling. Reduce heat to low, and cover the pot, simmering for 45 minutes.
- Mix together the ricotta, 2 tablespoons parsley, and 2 tablespoons basil.
- Place one of the lasagna noodles on a cutting board and cut in half crosswise. Set one half of the noodle aside for later.
- Evenly spread about 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture over the noodle half. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon mozzarella over the noodle.
- Starting from the cut end of the noodle roll upward being careful not to squeeze the mixture out of the noodle. Repeat with the remaining noodles.
- Place the spiral lasagna noodle in a greased muffin tin.
- Sprinkle about 3 tablespoons mozzarella around the noodle spiral.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of the meat sauce over the mozzarella around the noodle spiral.
- Place the other half of the lasagna noodle on a cutting board, and cut it lengthwise.
- Starting from the end of the noodle spiral, tuck the noodle strip into the spiral so the end of noodle spiral is on the outside. Wrap the noodle strip around the spiral while pushing it into the meat sauce. Repeat with the other noodle strip.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of the sauce in between the noodle “petals”. Sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon of both mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the top of the noodles are golden and crispy.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
- Serve over tomato sauce.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.