Leftover Turkey Sandwich
This classic leftover turkey sandwich is the perfect way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers, with tender slices of turkey, cranberry sauce, and stuffing piled high on a slice of bread for a hearty and delicious meal.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- ½ large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons dijon mustard, divided
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil (80 mL)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sour cream (55 g)
- 1 lb leftover turkey (455 g), chopped into ½-inch (1 cm) pieces
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 1 small head little gem lettuce, leaves separated, cleaned, and dried
- 8 slices pullman loaf, or white bread
- Calories 430
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the onion, vinegar, lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons of the mustard. Season with salt and pepper and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Begin to add the olive oil drop by drop, whisking constantly, until the mixture is emulsified. Add the dill and stir to combine.
- Transfer 3 tablespoons of the vinaigrette to another medium bowl and whisk the sour cream into the remaining vinaigrette. Add the chopped turkey and mix to combine.
- Gently toss the lettuce leaves in the reserved dressing.
- Spread four slices of the bread with ½ teaspoon mustard each.
- Divide the turkey between all four slices and top with the sliced cheese, dressed lettuce leaves, and the remaining bread slices.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.