Lemon Basil Soda
he zesty citrus flavor of freshly squeezed lemons is perfectly complemented by the aromatic and herbaceous notes of basil, creating a delightful and unique beverage experience. With its bright and lively taste, this lemon basil soda is a perfect companion for hot summer days or any time you need a revitalizing sip.
for 16 servings
- ½ cup simple syrup (120 mL)
- ½ cup lemon juice (120 mL)
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- seltzer water, for serving
- lime, cut into wheels, for garnish
- Calories 18
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the simple syrup, lemon juice, and basil. Simmer for 5 minutes, until slightly reduced. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Once the lemon basil syrup is cool, strain into an airtight glass container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- To make the soda, pour 1 cup (240 ml) of seltzer water into a glass filled with ice and add 1-2 tablespoons of lemon basil syrup. Stir to combine. Garnish with lime wheels, if desired.
- Nutrition, per 1 tablespoon: Calories: 20 Sugars: 5
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.