95% would make again
These lemon berry muffins are a burst of sunshine on a cloudy day! Perfect for breakfast or brunch, the tangy lemon balanced with bursts of sweet blueberry will make your taste buds dance with joy.
May 05, 2023
for 6 jumbo muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour (250 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar (250 g), plus more for sprinkling
- 1 ½ teaspoons Mccormick® lemon extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup buttermilk (120 mL), room temperature
- 6 oz fresh blueberry (170 g)
- muffin tin, 6 cup, jumbo
- muffin tin liner
- Calories 319
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 64g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 27g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a 6-cup jumbo muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until very fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add the lemon extract and continue beating for another minute. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating on medium speed for 30 seconds after each addition. Add the buttermilk and carefully beat to combine. The mixture will look a little grainy, but will come together once the dry ingredients are added.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat on medium-low speed to incorporate. Do not overmix.
- Add the blueberries and carefully fold into the batter using a rubber spatula.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups, filling halfway, and sprinkle with more sugar.
- Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes, rotating halfway, or until light golden brown. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.