Lemon Olive Oil
featured in 6 Surprising Ways To Use Veggie and Fruit Peels
Pucker up for this zesty Lemon Olive Oil cake that's sure to brighten your day! This light and fluffy dessert is a delightful combination of citrusy goodness and rich olive oil, perfect for any occasion.
May 05, 2023
for 32 servings
- 4 lemons, thoroughly washed
- 2 cups olive oil (480 mL)
- Calories 117
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Peel the lemons with a peeler, making sure to avoid the white pith, which would make the oil bitter.
- Add the peels to a medium pot filled with the olive oil and stir.
- Let simmer over very low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain out the peels.
- Transfer the infused oil to a bottle or other resealable container.
- The oil will keep in the fridge for a few weeks. If you see any signs of spoilage, discard it.