84% would make again
featured in Healthy Veggie Nuggets 4 Ways
These crispy Lentil Nuggets are a perfect plant-based alternative to chicken nuggets. Packed with protein and fiber, they make a great snack or meal.
May 05, 2023
for 6 servings
- 1 ½ cups lentils (255 g)
- 1 carrot, sliced
- ½ cup corn (85 g)
- ½ cup pea (75 g)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (115 g), we used vegan
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic
- Calories 179
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 24g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, soak the lentils in cold water for 3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the soaked lentils, carrot, corn, peas, vegan cheese, oregano, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and garlic, and pulse until well mixed.
- Take about 1 tablespoon worth of mixture and form it into a nugget with your hands.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden brown.
- Or, pan fry with a small drizzle of oil over medium-high heat until both sides are golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes.