90% would make again
Lentil, Pear, And Arugula Salad
featured in Protein-Packed Salads
Inspired by simply-delicious-food.com
for 4 servings
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon liquid smoke
- coconut oil, for greasing
- 5 oz fresh arugula (140 g)
- 1 ½ pears, sliced
- 1 ½ cups lentils (250 g), cooked
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar (60 mL)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Calories 566
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 58g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 22g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In small bowl, add the coconut flakes, soy sauce, maple syrup, and liquid smoke. Mix until well-combined. Spread evenly on a greased baking sheet, making sure the flakes aren’t touching as much as possible.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until golden brown. Then remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, pears, lentils, and coconut bacon.
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix until well-combined.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well. Serve immediately.