90% would make again
Lentil & Roasted Vegetable Salad
featured in Easy To Pack Vegan Lunches
Savor the earthy flavors of this Lentil Roasted Vegetable Salad, a hearty and nutritious dish that's perfect for any season. With a colorful medley of veggies and protein-packed lentils, this salad is sure to become a go-to favorite in your kitchen.
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash (410 g)
- 2 cups quartered Brussels sprouts (200 g)
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup green lentils (170 g), rinsed
- 3 cups water (720 mL), or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Calories 377
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 69g
- Fiber 16g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, and red onion to the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat evenly. Spread on the pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the vegetables are tender.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the lentils and water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20–25 minutes, or until the lentils are tender. Drain any excess water, if necessary.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables and cooked lentils to a large bowl.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, and a pinch each of salt and pepper until well-combined.
- Pour the dressing over the lentils and vegetables and toss until well-coated.
- The lentil salad will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.