96% would make again
featured in Get Plenty Of Protein Without Meat Or Dairy
for 5 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 15 oz diced tomato (425 g), 1 can
- 2 cups dried lentil (400 g)
- 8 cups vegetable broth (1.8 L)
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, add the oil and onion and cook over medium heat until semi-translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes, and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add lentils, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, bay leaf, and cumin, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 35-40 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Remove bay leaf and add salt and pepper to taste.