Creamy, dreamy linguine! This classic dish comes together in mere minutes. While the pasta boils, whip up a silky garlic, cream, and Parmesan sauce, then toss with the pasta until well coated.
for 4 servings
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste, divided
- 1 box dried linguine
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese (220 g)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), finely chopped
- Calories 713
- Fat 54g
- Carbs 35g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 36g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the linguine according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta in a colander.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often, until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer for 2 minutes. Add ½ teaspoon of salt, the pepper, and Parmesan and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Add the drained pasta and 1 tablespoon of reserved pasta water to the alfredo sauce and use tongs to toss until well coated, about 1 minute. If the sauce is too thick, add more pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Remove the pan from the heat, top with parsley, and serve immediately.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.