Loaded Chicken Fajita Nachos
Spice up your nacho game with these loaded chicken fajita nachos that are both hearty and flavorful. The juicy chicken and sizzling peppers create a deliciously satisfying bite that's perfect for game day.
for 4 servings
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, seeds removed, sliced lengthwise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 13 oz tortilla chips (370 g), 1 bag
- 2 cups pepper jack cheese (200 g), shredded
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (100 g)
- sour cream, to taste
- salsa, to taste
- guacamole, to taste
- Calories 1315
- Fat 77g
- Carbs 81g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 76g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Add the chicken breast to a bowl and season with salt, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and cook chicken until slightly charred and no longer pink. Cook chicken in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Remove cooked chicken from the skillet, and transfer into a bowl.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil, add the onions and cook for a couple minutes until onions are slightly translucent.
- Add the garlic and peppers and cook slightly, then remove from heat. Transfer garlic and peppers to the chicken bowl, then top with lime juice.
- Lay down half the tortilla chips on the skillet, followed by half the fajita mixture, and top with pepper Jack and cheddar cheese. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake until the cheese has melted, about 15 minutes.
- Add your choice of topping (optional).
- Nutrition Calories: 1799 Fat: 106 grams Carbs: 165 grams Fiber: 18 grams Sugars: 20 grams Protein: 59 grams
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.