Loaded Chickpea Blondies
These loaded chickpea blondies are packed with chocolate chips, chewy raisins, and creamy peanut butter for a deliciously wholesome treat that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
for 9 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and skins removed
- ½ cup chunky peanut butter (120 g), or nut butter of choice
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (65 g)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick® ground allspice
- ½ cup chocolate chips (85 g), or chopped chocolate - a mix of milk and dark
- ½ cup walnuts (65 g), toasted and chopped
- ¼ cup golden raisin (35 g)
- Calories 312
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 29g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease an 8-inch square glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, peanut butter, sugar, egg yolks, cream cheese, vanilla, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and allspice. Purée until smooth and well-combined, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl at least once, 1–2 minutes.
- Use a rubber spatula to scrape the mixture into a medium bowl. Add the chocolate, walnuts, and raisins and stir to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and spread as evenly as possible, all the way to the corners of the dish.
- Bake the blondies for 22–24 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges and a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for 30–45 minutes before slicing, to allow the blondies to set.
- Slice into 9 or 12 pieces, then serve.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.