89% would make again
Loaded Savoury Quesadilla
featured in 4 Dorm-Friendly Microwavable Recipes
for 4 servings
- 2 flour tortillas, 12 inches (30 cm)
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 ½ cups shredded mexican cheese blend (250 g), divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons Tasty Savoury Spice Blend, divided
- 1 cup refried beans (240 g)
- ¼ cup red onion (40 g), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pitted black olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, thinned with water or milk
- Calories 365
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Lightly spray a tortilla on both sides with nonstick spray. Transfer the tortilla to a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 90 seconds on high power. Flip the tortilla over and microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat with the other tortilla.
- Lay one of the crispy tortillas on the plate and sprinkle with shredded cheese and 1 teaspoon savory spice blend. Cover with the second tortilla.
- Spread the refried beans evenly over the top tortilla. Sprinkle with the remaining cup of cheese. Top with the red onion, pickled jalapeño, black olives, and remaining ½ teaspoon of savoury spice blend.
- Return to the microwave and cook for 4-5 minutes on high power, until the cheese is melted and the pizza is warmed through.
- Carefully remove the pizza from the microwave (the plate will be hot!) and dollop the salsa and sour cream on top. Slice and serve.