Lower-Carb Biscuits And Gravy
This low-carb twist on a classic breakfast dish is just as comforting and delicious as the original. The fluffy biscuits made with almond flour and savory gravy made with lean turkey will have you coming back for seconds.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 6 servings
- 2 cups almond flour (190 g)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt (140 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- oil, of choice, for cooking
- 1 lb lean sausage (455 g), or ground turkey
- ¼ cup almond flour (25 g)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 cups milk (480 mL), of choice
- Calories 579
- Fat 40g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 17g
- Protein 30g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make the biscuits: In a medium bowl, add the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, add the Greek yogurt, eggs, and honey. Whisk to combine.
- Sift the dry ingredients through a fine-mesh sieve into the wet ingredients. Mix to combine until fluffy. Do not overmix.
- Using a large ice cream scoop or a large spoon, scoop dough onto the lined baking sheet, spacing evenly. You should have about 6 biscuits. (If the oven is not ready, keep biscuits in the refrigerator so that they do not spread out and flatten.)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Make the gravy: Drizzle a bit of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add the sausage and cook 7-10 minutes, or until browned.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add ¼ cup (25 g) of almond flour, the cayenne, paprika, rosemary, sage, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, then add the milk.
- Simmer the gravy until it reaches your desired consistency, stirring occasionally. You can add up to ¼ cup (25 g) more almond flour for a thicker, heartier gravy.
- Serve the gravy hot, poured over a warm biscuit.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.