Low-Carb Cauliflower Hot Mac 'N' Cheese
Cut down on carbs and keep up the flavor with this creamy cauliflower mac!
July 08, 2019
93% would make again
for 6 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz cream cheese (115 g)
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz cheddar cheese
- 4 oz smoked gouda cheese (110 g)
- 1 tablespoon Frank's Red Hot Original Sauce
- minced fresh parsley, for garnish
- Calories 274
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 3g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Break down the cauliflower head into small florets and add them to the boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes, then use a slotted spoon to move the cauliflower into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook for 1–2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sizzling and fragrant. Add the cream cheese and heavy cream. Whisk until the cream cheese is completely melted and smooth. Stir in the paprika, salt, and pepper. Add the cheddar and gouda cheese to the pan and whisk until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the cauliflower to the sauce, tossing gently to coat. Stir in Frank’s Red Hot Original Sauce. Garnish with parsley and additional Frank’s to serve.