Low-Carb Steak Salad With Dijon Vinaigrette
Savor the flavors of this scrumptious Low-Carb Steak Salad, complete with a zesty Dijon Vinaigrette that'll make your taste buds dance. Perfect for a guilt-free meal, this dish is a delightful combination of juicy steak and fresh veggies.
for 6 servings
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 10.5 oz cherry tomato (40 g), 1 package
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- kosher salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar (60 mL)
- 1.25 lb boneless new york strip steak (570 g), about 1¼ inches (3 cm) thick
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, washed, dried, and cut into ½-inch (1.25 cm) pieces
- ½ cup walnuts (50 g), toasted, chopped
- ¼ cup gorgonzola cheese (30 g), crumbled
- Calories 401
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 7g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 22g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the sliced onion on half of the baking sheet and arrange tomatoes on the other half. Drizzle each side with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the onion is caramelized and the tomatoes are browned in spots and just beginning to burst. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the shallot, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, honey, extra-virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Liberally season the steak all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the hot skillet. When the oil is smoking, add the steak to the pan. Sear for 5 minutes, or until a deep golden brown crust forms. Flip the steak and cook another 5 minutes on the other side. Sear the sides of the steak until golden brown, another 3-4 minutes total.
- Transfer the pan with the steak to the preheated oven for about 5 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the steak reads 125-130˚F (51-54˚C) for medium-rare. Remove the steak from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Add the lettuce to a large bowl. Add the roasted tomatoes, roasted onion, walnuts, Gorgonzola, and sliced steak. Toss well. Divide the salad between serving bowl and drizzle over the dressing.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here