Luca-Inspired Trenette Al Pesto
We made the popular pesto pasta from Pixar’s Luca and it was an instant hit! This dish comes together super quickly and is a great meal to add to your weeknight rotation!
for 4 servings
- 1 pinch coarse salt, plus more for boiling
- ¼ cup pine nuts (30 g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated pecorino cheese
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves (160 g)
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil (80 mL)
- 1 lb dried trenette or linguine pasta (425 g)
- 1 large yellow potato, peeled and cut into 1-in (2.54-cm) pieces
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-in (2.54-cm) pieces
- 1 lemon, zested
- Calories 739
- Fat 28g
- Carbs 100g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 22g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a food processor, combine the pine nuts, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Pulse a few times, until the texture resembles panko bread crumbs. Add the Parmesan and pecorino and pulse a few more times to incorporate. With the processor running on low speed, add the basil and olive oil and process until the pesto has the consistency of thick cream.
- Add the pasta and potatoes to the boiling water and cook until the pasta is al dente and the potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes. Two minutes before the pasta is done, add the green beans to the pot to blanch. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water, then drain the pasta and vegetables.
- Pour the pesto into a large serving bowl. Add a couple tablespoons of reserved pasta water and the lemon zest and mix well to combine, then add the pasta and vegetables and toss until well-coated in the sauce.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.