M&M’S® Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
November 08, 2022
93% would make again
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 16 cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder (40 g)
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter (115 g), room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (150 g)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar (50 g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips (40 g)
- 1 cup Milk Chocolate M&M’s® (175 g), divided
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candies (175 g), divided
- Calories 190
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 34g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 21g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Add the egg, vanilla, and peppermint extract and mix until smooth, about 1 minute more.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until just combined, about 2 minutes. Fold in the chocolate chips, ½ cup Milk Chocolate M&M’s®, and ½ cup crushed peppermint candies with a rubber spatula. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 15–20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough into 1½- to 2-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Press the remaining M&M’s®and crushed peppermint candies into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 8–10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5–10 minutes.
- Leftover cookies will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator.