Mac ‘N’ Cheeseballs
Bite into a crispy, golden exterior that leads to a molten, creamy center of mac n' cheese perfection. Enjoy them as a snack or to impress your dinner guests!. These mac n' cheeseballs are the ultimate crowd-pleaser.
for 18 balls
- 12 oz cheese puff (340 g)
- ¼ cup butter (60 g)
- ½ cup milk (120 mL)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (200 g)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (200 g)
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), 1 block
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (455 g), cooked
- 1 ½ cups flour (190 g)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- oil, for frying
- salt, to taste
- Calories 423
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 37g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Crush cheese puffs into a fine powder and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the butter. Once the butter is melted, add milk, cheddar, mozzarella, and cream cheese. Whisk until all the cheese has melted and sauce is smooth.
- Pour cheese sauce over cooked pasta, stirring to ensure thorough coverage of the noodles.
- Cover and refrigerate the cheese-coated pasta for at least 2 hours, allowing for it to cool completely and for the cheese sauce to bind the pasta together. This recipe also works well with leftover mac ‘n’ cheese.
- Using your hands, take the chilled mac ‘n’ cheese and form it into 1-inch (2 ½ cm) balls.
- Dredge the balls in flour, followed by egg before finally coating them in the powdered cheese puffs.
- Heat the oil to 350˚F (180˚C) and fry the mac ‘n’ cheese balls until the outside is crispy, about 2 minutes. Once done frying, transfer to a wire rack to drain. Lightly sprinkle with salt before serving.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.