Maple Rhubarb Blondies
Indulge in these sweet and tangy treats that'll make your taste buds dance with joy. With a buttery, chewy texture and a rich maple rhubarb ripple, these blondies are the perfect dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth.
for 9 servings
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (180 g), extra for greasing
- ¾ cup golden yellow sugar (150 g)
- ¾ cup white sugar (150 g)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup AP flour (95 g), extra for coating pan
- ½ cup yellow corn flour (60 g)
- 2 teaspoons fine kosher salt
- ¾ cup rhubarb jam (240 g), (or any red or light coloured jam)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 8 teaspoons red liquid food coloring
- 2 tablespoons blondie batter
- Calories 380
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 38g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Generously grease a 10 inch heart shaped baking pan with butter and coat in flour. Shake out excess and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until browned, remove from heat. Working in the saucepan add sugars and whisk until combined. Quickly whisk in eggs, one at a time to prevent scrambling. Add vanilla, lemon juice, flours and salt and whisk again until smooth. Pour into the prepared heart-shaped pan, set aside.
- To a medium bowl add jam, maple syrup and food colouring, mix. Reserve ½ cup of mixture for later. Add 2 tbsp of blondie batter to the original medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Dollop rhubarb and batter mixture in a random pattern on top of the blondie in the heart-shaped pan. Use a butter knife to swirl in a decorative pattern vertically and horizontally, keeping your knife on the surface of the blondie. Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve blondie with ice cream and drizzle over extra Rhubarb ripple if desired, enjoy!