McCormick® Chickpea Buddha Bowl
This colorful and nutritious bowl is packed with flavor, thanks to the legendary spice masters at McCormick! Loaded with protein-packed chickpeas, fresh veggies, and a creamy garlic yogurt dressing, it's a bowl that's as vibrant as it is delicious. Get ready to fuel your body and soul with this wholesome and satisfying Buddha bowl that's perfect for a quick and nourishing meal that will leave you feeling oh-so-good!
for 4 servings
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Himalayan Pink Salt with Black Pepper and Garlic
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
Garlic Herb Rice
- 1 cup jasmine rice (200 g)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Gardens™ Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden™ Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden™ Parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large shallots, cut into ¼-inch (6 mm) rings
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden™ Garlic Paste
- 2 large bunches hearty greens, (such as Swiss chard, kale, or mustard greens), stemmed and cut into ribbons
- ⅓ cup vegetable stock (80 mL)
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Himalayan Pink Salt with Black Pepper and Garlic
Garlic Black Pepper Yogurt
- 1 cup full fat greek yogurt (245 g)
- ½ teaspoon Gourmet Garden™ Garlic Paste
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- water, as needed
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese (115 g)
- shaved radish, such as watermelon, breakfast, or black
- pickled red onion
- Gourmet Garden™ Cilantro
- Gourmet Garden™ Parsley
- Calories 608
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 80g
- Fiber 36g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 29g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the spiced chickpeas: Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, olive oil, McCormick® Himalayan Pink Salt with Black Pepper and Garlic, paprika, cumin and coriander, and toss to coat.
- Spread the chickpeas on a nonstick baking sheet and bake until crispy, about 20 minutes.
- Make the garlic herb rice: Add the rice, salt, Gourmet Garden™ Garlic Paste, Gourmet Garden™ Cilantro, and Gourmet Garden™ Parsley to a medium pot. Add water and cook the rice according to the package instructions.
- Make the stewed greens: In a large, high-walled skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for about 10 minutes, until soft and translucent. The shallots should start to develop some color, but shouldn’t brown. Add the Gourmet Garden™ Garlic Paste, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the greens, vegetable stock and McCormick® Himalayan Pink Salt with Black Pepper and Garlic, and gently stir to combine. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the greens are wilted and soft, 5–7 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, leaving the lid on to keep warm.
- Make the garlic black pepper yogurt: In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, Gourmet Garden™ Garlic Paste, salt, and pepper. Add a splash of water at a time and whisk to incorporate until the yogurt sauce is thin enough to drizzle. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the buddha bowls: Divide the rice evenly between 4 bowls. Top with the stewed greens, chickpeas, feta cheese, radish and pickled red onions. Drizzle the yogurt sauce over each bowl, then garnish with Gourmet Garden™ Parsley and Gourmet Garden™ Cilantro. Serve immediately.