Meat-Free Christmas Tree
Get in the festive mood with this stunning puff pastry “faux-rizo” chorizo and creamy leek Christmas tree!
August 14, 2023
for 4 servings
- 1 lb ready-made puff pastry (500 g)
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 3 cups leek (300 g), thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (40 g)
- ½ cup dairy-free cream cheese (50 g)
- ½ lb vegan chorizo (250 g)
- 1 tablespoon oat milk
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Calories 995
- Fat 63g
- Carbs 88g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- To make the filling, melt the butter in a pan, when foaming add the leek and saute for 8-10 minutes until they’re creamy, soft and caramelised. Season with salt & pepper.
- Add garlic & fresh sage, dried cranberries, cream cheese and vegan chorizo. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Roll out your pastry to 5mm thick. Cut out a Christmas tree shape.
- Put your filling down the middle, a narrow dollop at the top and getting a little wider as you add filling to the bottom of your pastry.
- Cut 1 inch slits down the left and right sides of your pastry alongside the filling and brush with oat milk.
- Fold the pastry into the middle over the filling, brush top with oat milk and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200C fan for 30 minutes until your tree has puffed up and is golden brown.
- Serve with delicious hasselback potatoes and roast sprouts!
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.