Meatball Sub Boats
These meatball sub boats are a fun and delicious twist on a classic sandwich. They're made with juicy meatballs, marinara sauce, and topped with melty mozzarella cheese, all served in a fluffy bread boat.
for 4 servings
- 2 lb ground beef (905 g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumb (115 g)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), plus 2 tablespoons, chopped, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 soft rolls
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce (260 g)
- ¼ cup butter (55 g), melted
- grated parmesan cheese
- Calories 1135
- Fat 64g
- Carbs 58g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 75g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, ¼ cup (10 g) parsley, 3 cloves garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Shape the ground beef mixture into golf ball-sized balls.
- Heat a cast-iron pan or skillet with oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the meatballs until browned on all sides. Transfer meatballs to a plate then remove pan from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Place the soft rolls in a baking sheet.
- Cut the top of the rolls with a knife and press the inside down to create a boat.
- Mix together the melted butter, 3 cloves garlic, and 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Brush the rolls with the garlic butter.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until toasted.
- Place two slices of mozzarella in the rolls. Place a spoonful of marinara on top of the cheese.
- Place three meatballs in the boat and top with more marinara.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with Parmesan.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.