97% would make again
Mediterranean Meal Prep
Inspired by realsimple.com
for 4 servings
- 15 oz chickpeas (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- sea salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- red pepper flake, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup quinoa (170 g), uncooked, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth (480 mL)
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 lemons, juiced, divided
- salt, to taste
- 2 persian cucumbers
- ½ cup grape tomato (100 g)
- kalamata olive, to taste
- ½ red onion
- fresh parsley leaf, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- feta cheese, crumbled, to taste
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 938
- Fat 53g
- Carbs 97g
- Fiber 15g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the hummus: Add the chickpeas to a food processor with the garlic, paprika, salt, cumin, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and the water. Pulse until creamy.
- Transfer the hummus to a container and top with more olive oil and red pepper flakes. The hummus will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Make the Mediterranean bowl: Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pour the quinoa into the skillet and toast for 3-4 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Add the vegetable broth, thyme, tarragon, parsley, juice of 1 lemon, and salt and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Slice the cucumbers, halve the tomatoes, chop the olives, and dice the onion.
- Place all of the vegetables in a medium bowl. Add the parsley, remaining tablespoon of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- To assemble a bowl, add ¼ of the quinoa, ¼ of the vegetables, and ¼ of the hummus to a resealable container. Top the vegetables with crumbled feta.
- Store the bowls in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.