Melania Trump’s Sour Cream Star Cookies
featured in I Tried 3 First Lady Cookie Recipes
Melania Trump’s star-shaped butter cookies are festive and fun! The dough is rolled thin to make cookies with a crispy texture that’ll give you that satisfying crunch.
Inspired by npr.org
for 48 cookies
- all purpose flour (250 g), plus more for dusting
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar (110 g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- cookie cutter, 2 in (5 cm)
- Calories 16
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and powdered sugar with an electric hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Add the egg, egg white, and sour cream and beat until light yellow and fluffy.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, beating until just combined.
- Shape the dough into 2 discs and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Liberally flour a clean surface and use a floured rolling pin to roll out each disc of dough to ⅛-inch thick.
- Using a 2-inch star cookie cutter, cut out as many cookies as you can from a dough sheet and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Gather up any scraps, shape into a disc, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate while you bake the first batch of cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, until light golden. Cool the cookies for 2 minutes on the sheet tray before transferring to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Repeat to make more cookies with the remaining dough.