Microwave Prep Breakfast Sandwiches
These breakfast sandwiches are easy to make and can be prepped and reheated in the microwave, making them a quick and convenient breakfast option for small kitchens, college students, or those on the go. Filled with eggs, bacon, and cheese, they're a delicious way to start the day.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 5 sandwiches
- 2 sausage patties
- 2 slices ham, quartered
- 5 eggs
- 1 splash milk
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 bacons, sliced in half width-wise
- 5 english muffins, halved
- 5 slices cheddar cheese
- fresh spinach
- Calories 335
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 27g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- On a large plate, arrange the sausage and the ham in a circle, then place a microwaveable mug in the center.
- Crack the eggs into the mug, season with salt, pepper, and add a splash of milk. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Microwave the entire plate for about 2 minutes until the egg is cooked through, making sure it does not bubble over.
- Remove the plate and microwave the bacon strips on a separate plate for about 4-7 minutes. Check the bacon at 4 minutes, then every minute or so to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Drain the bacon of its fat, then set aside.
- Invert the mug with the egg, then slice the egg cylinder into 5 equal rounds. You may have to run a knife around the mug first to ensure that the egg comes loose in one solid piece.
- To assemble, layer your sandwich as you’d like with the meat, egg, cheese, and spinach.
- Wrap each sandwich in a damp paper towel, then with parchment paper. Place the sandwiches in a large zip top bag, then freeze for up until 1 month.
- When ready to eat, remove a sandwich from the freezer, unwrap the parchment, and microwave for about 2 minutes. Cool for 1 minute, then unwrap the paper towel.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.