94% would make again
Mini Corn Dogs
featured in 6 Fun-Size Snacks
These kid-friendly corn dog bites are too cute (and easy!) to not make for every movie night. After cutting hot dogs into thirds, all you have to do is coat them in flour and a simple batter, quickly fry them for a few minutes, then serve with your favorite condiments or dipping sauces. The best part? Because these are mini, you don’t need to buy skewers!
for 15 mini corn dogs
- 1 cup cornmeal (150 g)
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 5 hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 qt vegetable oil (945 mL), for frying
- Calories 658
- Fat 64g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Then add the egg and milk. Stir until batter is smooth with no lumps and chill in refrigerator for 25 minutes.
- Cut the hot dogs into ⅓ pieces and coat in flour to help batter to stick to the dogs.
- Preheat oil to 350ºF (180ºC).
- Dunk flour battered hot dogs into corn dog batter by using a fork. Make sure to fully coat the dogs before frying in the oil.
- Fry at 350ºF (180ºC) for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. For even cooking use a slotted steel spoon or a pair of tongs to rotate the floating corn dogs.
- Dry off excess oil with paper towels.
- Serve with side of veggies or fruit.