90% would make again
Mini Crème Brûlée Cheesecakes
featured in 5 Melt In Your Mouth Crème Brûlée Dishes
for 12 servings
- 2 cups digestive biscuit (200 g)
- ½ cup butter (95 g), melted
- 14 oz cream cheese (400 g)
- ¼ cup sour cream (50 g)
- ¾ cup sugar (150 g)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Crème Brûlée Topping
- 1 teaspoon sugar, per cheesecake
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 340
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 24g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Smash the digestives in a bag with a rolling pin until they become fine crumbs. Alternatively you can use a food processor.
- Pour in a bowl and combine with the melted butter.
- Distribute the biscuit base evenly into a greased cupcake tray. Each tray should be ¼ full with the biscuit base.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the cheesecake filling by whipping the cream cheese and sour cream together.
- Whisk in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Remove cupcake tray from the oven and top each biscuit base with the filling.
- Bake for 18 minutes and then allow to cool.
- For the crème brûlée topping, scatter on a teaspoon of sugar over each cheesecake.
- Ensure the sugar is evening distributed and any excess is knocked off.
- Using a blow torch, carefully melt the sugar using swirling motions until bubbling and caramelized. Leave to cool for 2 minutes for the sugar to cool and harden.