Mini Donut Cereal
We jumped on the pancake cereal bandwagon and added our own spin with these mini funfetti donuts. We start with a boxed cake mix to make things easier–try experimenting with any flavor you like!
for 4 servings
- 1 box funfetti cake mix
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup neutral oil (60 mL), such as canola
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- rainbow sprinkle, for garnish
- milk of choice, for serving
- 2 cups powdered sugar (220 g)
- 2 tablespoons meringue powder
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 drops purple food coloring
- 6 drops pink food coloring
- Calories 681
- Fat 27g
- Carbs 105g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 71g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake mix, egg, oil, and water until well combined w. Transfer the batter to a piping bag or a large zip-top bag fitted with a small round tip.
- Pipe the batter into 1-inch donut shapes onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing about ½ inch apart. Dip a finger in water and smooth the tops of the donuts as needed.
- Bake for 7–8 minutes, or until the donuts are cooked through and lighten golden brown. Let cool completely on the pans. Poke a straw through any centers that may have closed during baking, then transfer to wire racks.
- Make the glaze: Sift the powdered sugar and meringue powder into a large bowl. Whisk in the water and food coloring until the glaze is smooth. Add more water as needed, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the glazes reaches your desired consistency.
- Spoon the glaze over a few donuts, then top with sprinkles while the glaze is still wet. Repeat with the remaining donuts. Let the glaze dry for 1 hour before serving.
- Divide the donut cereal between bowls and pour milk over. Serve immediately.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.