Mini Key Lime Pies
Mini key lime pies are a refreshing and tangy dessert that are perfect for a summer treat. They are made with a graham cracker crust and a creamy filling that is both sweet and tart.
for 6 pies
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 ½ teaspoons lime zest, grated
- ½ cup lime juice (120 mL), 3-4 limes
- 14 fl oz sweetened condensed milk (400 g)
- 11 crackers graham cracker
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup heavy cream (180 mL)
- ¼ cup confectioners sugar (120 g)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Calories 532
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 53g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 50g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C).
- Make the filling: Whisk the egg yolks and lime zest in a medium bowl until tinted light green, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the lime juice and condensed milk, then set aside at room temperature to thicken.
- Make the crust: Crush the graham crackers in a zip-top bag, then mix in the sugar and butter. Divide the crumbs between a 6-cup muffin tin and press down to form crusts.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Pour filling into the crusts, then bake until the center is slightly jiggly, 15-17 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled, 2-3 hours.
- Make the whipped cream: In a large bowl, beat the heavy cream with an electric hand mixer and slowly add the sugar. Once soft peaks form, add the lime zest, then whip until firm peaks form.
- Top the mini pies with whipped cream.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.