for 12 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (680 g)
- 5 ¼ tablespoons butter
- onion, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- ½ cup flour (60 g)
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 2 cups chicken broth (470 mL)
- 1 cup frozen peas (150 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Calories 743
- Fat 49g
- Carbs 54g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Add the oil to a large pot over high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken, and stir until cooked through, about 7 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a bowl.
- Melt butter in the same pot. Add the onions and carrots and stir until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add the flour, stirring to combine. Slowly add the milk and chicken broth, alternating between the two, stirring continuously and bringing to a boil.
- Add the cooked chicken, peas, salt, and pepper, and stir until thoroughly mixed. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Lay out puff pastry sheets and use a small 6-inch (15 cm) bowl to cut circles out of it.
- Place dough circles in a nonstick muffin tin and fill with pot pie mixture.
- Using remaining puff pastry, cut ⅛-inch (3 mm) strips of dough, and make a lattice top for each muffin cup. Brush the lattice tops with the egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.