89% would make again
Mini Shepherd’s Pies
featured in 6 Fun-Size Snacks
for 12 servings
- ½ head cauliflower florets
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lb lean ground turkey (225 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried rosemary, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken broth (120 mL)
- ½ cup frozen peas (75 g)
- ½ cup frozen corn (90 g)
- Calories 104
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Steam the cauliflower for 8 minutes, or until softened. Let cool and drain.
- With a potato masher or hand blender, mash the cauliflower, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a cast-iron pan, heat a little olive oil and sauté the onions and carrots until they begin to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the ground turkey, salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary and cook until turkey is browned and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to combine.
- Add the tomato paste and broth while whisking.
- Add the peas and corn and cook until hot, about 5 minutes.
- In a lined 12-cup muffin tray, evenly portion out the turkey mixture, followed by the mashed cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with cheese, as desired.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and has started to brown.