Mini Upside-Down Banana Cakes
These individual cakes are a sweet and indulgent dessert that's perfect for any occasion. Caramelized bananas are nestled in a fluffy and moist cake batter, then topped with a rich, buttery brown sugar glaze. Each bite is a heavenly combination of sweet and buttery flavors.
for 12 servings
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil (120 g)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour (250 g)
- ½ cup butter (114 g)
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
- 1 banana, sliced
- vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas. Add the eggs, oil, sugar, and cinnamon, and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, then mix the brown sugar until dissolved.
- Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and divide caramel between the cups of a greased muffin tin.
- Lay a banana slice in each cup, then fill cups ¾ full with banana batter.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.