66% would make again
Mirror Cake By Duff Goldman
for 12 servings
- 1 cup glucose (300 g), or corn syrup
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk (200 g)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar (300 g)
- ⅔ cup water (150 g)
- 2 cups white chocolate chip (350 g)
- 0.7 oz gelatin (20 g), 2 envelopes, plus ½ cup (235 ml) of water to bloom
- food coloring, your preferred colour
- 1 tablespoon titanium dioxide, or bright white food coloring
- glitter, optional
- Calories 263
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 43g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 43g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bloom gelatin by mixing gelatin into cold water and letting it sit for at least 5 minutes.
- Heat granulated sugar, corn syrup, and water on a stove top to a boil.
- In a bowl, combine the white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and solidified gelatin.
- Pour the hot sugar mixture over the chocolate, condensed milk, and gelatin. Cover with a cloth until chocolate is soft.
- Mix thoroughly until all chocolate is completely melted.
- Add desired color and titanium dioxide to the hot mixture. Mix until there are no air bubbles.
- Let mixture cool to 90°F (33°C), then pour over the frozen cake.
- Note, this recipe works best on a cake covered in a frozen mousse, but will also work with a cake covered in frozen buttercream frosting.