Experience the Southern charm with this mouthwatering Mississippi Roast that'll have your taste buds dancing! This slow-cooked, tender beef is bursting with flavor from pepperoncini peppers and ranch seasoning, making it the perfect comfort food for any occasion.
for 8 servings
- 1 boneless chuck roast, 3 pounds (1.3 KG)
- ¼ cup flour (30 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 10 pepperoncinis
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Calories 344
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 6g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 33g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Dredge the chuck roast in flour, salt, and pepper, and massage it into the meat.
- In a skillet on a very high heat, brown the meat on all sides in the canola oil to create a crust.
- Transfer the meat to a slow cooker and top with butter and pepperoncini.
- Cover the slow cooker and set it to low.
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, dill, and paprika until well combined.
- Spread over the meat, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the roast and shred with two forks.
- Return meat to the slow cooker, and stir to mix in the juices. Serve with fresh parsley.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.