Mix And Match Meal Prep
This versatile meal prep recipe allows you to mix and match your favorite proteins, grains, and veggies to create customized meals for the week ahead, perfect for busy lifestyles.
May 14, 2023
93% would make again
for 4 servings
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- olive oil, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 lb chicken thighs (455 g)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 2 cups brown rice (460 g), cooked, divided
- 2 cups quinoa (360 g), divided
- ¼ cup tahini (55 g)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- ½ cup salsa (130 g), divided
- ½ cup black beans (85 g), divided
- ½ cup chickpeas (80 g), divided
- 1 cup cherry tomato (200 g), divided
- 1 cucumber, sliced, divided
- 1 cup lettuce (70 g), chopped, divided
- Calories 1144
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 180g
- Fiber 18g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 50g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In medium bowl, mix the sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. In a separate medium bowl mix the peppers with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the potatoes and peppers to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- On a separate piece of parchment paper, place the chicken then add olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and rub until the chicken is fully coated.
- Seal the chicken in the parchment paper by folding it in half then twisting the open ends together.
- Place the chicken onto the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Carefully remove the chicken. On a cutting board, cube the chicken.
- In a medium bowl add the tahini, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and water.
- Mix well then divide the tahini sauce into 2 single-serve containers.
- Add salsa to 2 single-serve containers.
- To assemble the chicken burrito bowl, add half of the brown rice, half of the chicken, half of the peppers, half of the black beans, and half of the tomatoes. Serve with salsa.
- To assemble the vegetarian wrap, add the remaining brown rice, half of the sweet potatoes, half of the peppers, remainder of the black beans, half of the remaining tomatoes, and a whole wheat tortilla. Serve with salsa.
- To assemble the chicken pita pocket, add half of the quinoa, half of the chicken, half of the chickpeas, remaining tomatoes, half of the cucumbers, ½ of the lettuce, and a whole wheat pita. Serve with tahini sauce.
- To assemble the vegetarian grain bowl, add remaining quinoa, remaining sweet potatoes, remaining chickpeas, remaining tomatoes, remaining cucumbers, and remaining lettuce. Serve with tahini sauce.
- Store in fridge for up to one week then remove and reheat when ready to eat.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.