Mixed Berry French Toast Bake
Dive into a heavenly Mixed Berry French Toast Bake that's perfect for brunch gatherings. This delightful dish combines juicy berries and fluffy French toast, creating a symphony of flavors that'll leave everyone craving more.
for 8 servings
- 1 loaf whole wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup warm water (120 mL)
- 2 cups milk (480 mL)
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- salt, to taste
- ½ cup blueberry (50 g)
- ½ cup raspberry (65 g)
- ½ cup blackberry (70 g)
- maple syrup, to top, optional
- Calories 156
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Slice bread into quarters. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine honey and warm water. Whisk until the honey dissolves. Add milk, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until well-combined.
- Pour the bread into a greased 9x13 (23x33 cm) baking dish. Top with the egg mixture.
- Toss the bread and egg mixture together to evenly coat the bread. Let the bread soak for 20 minutes.
- Add the blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries evenly on top of the bread.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown and slightly crispy around the edges and top.
- NOTE: Times & temperatures may vary based on oven.
- Serve with maple syrup on top (optional).
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.