98% would make again
Mixed Berry Skillet Cobbler
featured in Easy Skillet Cobbler 4 Ways
This cobbler is the perfect dessert for any berry lover. The mixed berry filling is baked until golden brown and is the perfect combination of sweet and tart.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 4 cups mixed berries (560 g)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup lemon juice (60 mL)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter (110 g), cut into slices
- Calories 364
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 61g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 36g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat, add the berries, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice.
- Mix to combine and stir for 5-10 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Sprinkle the box cake mix over the berry filling.
- Distribute the butter evenly over the top to ensure even baking.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour, until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.