85% would make again
Monkey Bread Brie Fondue
featured in Crowd-Pleasing Potluck Recipes
Dive into this mouthwatering Monkey Bread Brie Fondue, perfect for sharing with friends and family. With its gooey, cheesy center and pull-apart bread, it's a fun and interactive appetizer that'll have everyone reaching for more.
May 05, 2023
for 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 26 oz pizza dough (735 g)
- ½ cup bacon (110 g), chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, 1/2 stick, melted
- 8 oz brie cheese (225 g), 1 wheel
- 1 fresh chive, chopped, for garnish
- broccoli floret, steamed, for serving
- 1.5 lb baby potato (680 g), boiled, halved, for serving
- mushroom, sauteed, for serving
- Calories 704
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 81g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 23g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Prepare a 9-inch (22 cm) round cake pan with a 3½- inch (8 cm) ramekin in the center and set nearby.
- Melt the butter in a large pan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and sauté until caramelized, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Take a golf ball-sized piece of pizza dough and flatten it out with your fingers. Stuff the dough with about a teaspoon of caramelized onions and cooked bacon. Close the dough ball by pinching at the seam and roll into a ball in your hands. Repeat with the remaining dough and fillings.
- Dip each stuffed ball in the melted butter. Place the stuffed balls in the prepared cake pan, stacking them around the ramekin.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350˚F (180°C). Remove the ramekin with tongs (it will be hot!).
- Place the wheel of brie in the center. Return the pan to the oven for 10 minutes more, or until the brie is soft.
- Brush the monkey bread with more melted butter and sprinkle the bread and cheese with chives. Serve with vegetables like broccoli, potatoes, and mushrooms for dipping.