97% would make again
Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf
featured in Dishes You Can Cook With Turkey
Say hello to this mouthwatering Mozzarella-Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf that's sure to become a family favorite! With gooey mozzarella cheese hidden inside and a flavorful turkey base, this dish is a delightful twist on the classic comfort food.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 1 cup tomato sauce (225 g)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (455 g)
- 1 cup zucchini (150 g), shredded, squeezed gently of excess moisture with kitchen towels
- 1 cup yellow onion (150 g), finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Sauce
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- parsley, to taste
- Calories 383
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 17g
- Protein 31g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Make the sauce: In a medium bowl, stir together the tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, and honey. Set aside.
- Make the meatloaf: In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, zucchini, onion, garlic, egg, Dijon mustard, honey, 2 tablespoons of the tomato sauce, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and parsley. Mix well.
- Add half of the meatloaf mixture to a greased loaf pan and flatten to form an even layer.
- Layer the cheese over the meatloaf layer. Top with the rest of the meatloaf and smooth the top.
- Top the meatloaf with half of the tomato sauce mixture, using a spoon or rubber spatula to spread evenly. Reserve the rest of the tomato sauce.
- Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reads 160˚F (70˚C) when tested with a meat thermometer.
- When the meatloaf is cooked through, warm the reserved tomato sauce in the microwave or a skillet, then drizzle on top of the meatloaf.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with your favorite sides. (We used mashed sweet potatoes and asparagus.)