Muddy Buddy Pine Cones
Pine cones you can eat! Built around a salted pretzel stick, these chocolatey, nutty, muddy buddy treats are as fun to make as they are to eat! A light dusting of powdered sugar looks like fresh-fallen snow and makes these the perfect snack to ring in the season.
for 10 servings
Muddy Buddy Cereal
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chip (85 g)
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter (60 g)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups square-shaped chocolate (680 g)
- 4 cups plain toasted rice cereal (120 g)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (80 g)
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter (180 g)
- ⅓ cup chocolate hazelnut spread (80 g)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar (165 g), plus more for dusting
- 8 pretzel rods, broken in half
- Calories 795
- Fat 36g
- Carbs 108g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 70g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the muddy buddy cereal: In a medium glass bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter for 1 minute. Whisk well, then microwave for about 30 seconds longer, or until the mixture is smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the cereal to a large bowl and pour the melted chocolate over. Stir until evenly coated. Transfer the cereal to a 2-gallon resealable bag, along with the powdered sugar. Seal the bag, then shake until the cereal is well coated.
- Spread the cereal on wax paper and let cool completely, then transfer to an airtight container until ready to use. The muddy buddies will keep for up to 1 month.
- Make the pinecones: In a medium bowl, mix together the peanut butter, chocolate-hazelnut spread, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth and moldable.
- Working 1 at a time, take a pretzel rod half and mold some of the peanut butter mixture around it, forming a cone shape. Insert pieces of the muddy buddy cereal into the cone, starting from the bottom and working up and around the rod to make the pinecone shape. Break the cereal into smaller pieces as you near the top.
- Dust the pine cones with more powdered sugar.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.