Get ready to spook your taste buds with these adorably creepy Mummy Cookies! Perfect for Halloween parties, these buttery sugar cookies are wrapped in sweet royal icing, making them a hauntingly delicious treat.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 24 cookies
- 1 ⅓ sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour (310 g)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 20 oz white chocolate chip (265 g), divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 48 small candy eyeballs
- Calories 83
- Fat 1g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the cookies: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 2–3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until creamy and fully combined, 1–2 minutes more.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking soda. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on medium-low speed just until incorporated, 2–3 minutes. Refrigerate the dough for about 20 minutes, or until firm enough to handle.
- For a mummy body, roll 1–1½ tablespoons of cookie dough into a 3-inch-long carrot shape. For a head, roll some of the dough into a ½-inch-wide ball. Stick the head onto the wider end of the body. Repeat with the remaining dough; you should have about 24 mummies total. Arrange the cookies on the prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly, then chill in the freezer for 5–10 minutes, until firm.
- Bake the cookies for 8–9 minutes, or until set and golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Decorate the cookies: In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine 16 ounces of white chocolate chips and 1½ tablespoons of coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until completely melted and smooth.
- Using a fork, dip each cookie in the melted white chocolate to coat completely. Remove any excess chocolate by scraping the bottom of the cookie and fork against the rim of the bowl. Return the cookies to the baking sheet. Chill in the refrigerator for 20–30 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining 4 ounces of white chocolate and the remaining ½ tablespoon coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between, until completely melted and smooth. Transfer to a piping bag and cut a small hole at the tip.
- Pipe the melted white chocolate in zigzags over the dipped cookies, starting at the top and working downward. Finish with a long X-shaped drizzle over the zig zags. Add 2 candy eyeballs to the top of each cookie. Chill in the refrigerator for 20–30 minutes, or until the chocolate has hardened.