Mum’s Pepper Chicken
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 3 green chiles
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorn
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 lb chicken (1 kg)
- 1 large potato, cut into pieces
- salt, to taste
- Calories 358
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 11g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 47g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a hot pan, add the oil. After the oil heats up add the onion and sauté until light brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and chiles and sauté for 1 minute.
- Put in the turmeric powder and cracked peppercorns and sauté well.
- Add the tomato and let it cook until it turns soft and mushy.
- Now, add in the chicken and mix everything. Cover the dish, put it on low heat, and cook until chicken is half done. (This is the time to add the potato if using).
- Cover and cook until done and all the juices from the chicken have dried. No water needs to be added to this dish as the chicken will cook in its own juices. Season with salt.