96% would make again
Mushroom And Kale Burritos
for 2 servings
- olive oil, to taste
- 10 oz cremini mushroom (285 g), sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, divided
- ¼ teaspoon liquid smoke
- kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ medium yellow onion, sliced
- 5 cups curly kale (500 g), chopped
- ¼ cup low sodium vegetable broth (60 mL)
- red pepper flake, to taste
- 1 cup brown rice (230 g), cooked
- 2 large flour tortillas
- Calories 1077
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 174g
- Fiber 24g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large saucepan. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes, until most of their liquid has been released. Add a bit more olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, the paprika, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and the liquid smoke and cook for 3-4 more minutes, until the mushrooms are golden brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add another drizzle of olive oil and the onion. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the onion is semi-translucent. Add the kale and vegetable broth. Cover and steam for 5 minutes, or until the kale has wilted by about 75 percent.
- Add another drizzle of olive oil, the remaining clove of garlic, red pepper flakes, remaining tablespoon of soy sauce, and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant.
- To assemble a burrito, add ½ of the brown rice, ½ of the kale mixture, and ½ of the mushrooms to the center of a tortilla. Fold in the sides and roll up, keeping the filling tucked in place. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Cut in half and serve.