Nashville Hot Cauliflower Bites
These air fryer Nashville hot cauliflower bites feature all the heat and crunch without any of the meat! The combination of crispy cauliflower and spicy chili oil makes this a savory snack perfect for any occasion.
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- cauliflower florets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (240 mL)
- 60 g all purpose flour (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon louisiana hot sauce
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (115 g)
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup canola oil (80 mL)
- nonstick cooking spray
- white bread
- dill pickle chip
- air fryer
- Calories 289
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the spice mix: In a small bowl, whisk together the paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, mustard powder, black pepper, and onion powder.
- Add the cauliflower florets to a large bowl and sprinkle with the salt and 2 tablespoons of the spice mix, tossing to coat the cauliflower completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top.
- Make the batter: In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, flour, and hot sauce until smooth.
- Add a cauliflower floret to the batter and toss to coat completely.
- Shake off any excess batter and dip the cauliflower into the panko bread crumbs tossing to coat completely.
- Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick spray. Add the cauliflower in a single layer, working in batches if necessary. Fry until golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
- Make the spicy oil: In a small saucepan, combine 1 tablespoon of the spice mix, the sugar, and canola oil. Cook over medium heat, stirring, for about 2 minutes, until the sugar dissolves.
- Drizzle the crispy cauliflower with the spicy oil and sprinkle with the remaining spice mix.
- Serve with white bread and dill pickle chips.