92% would make again
Nigerian-Style “Potato And Egg”
featured in Ramadan Dishes for Suhoor & Iftar
A hearty breakfast recipe with soft and fluffy scrambled eggs mixed with sautéed potatoes, onions, and peppers.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 7 oz chopped tomato (200 g)
- 4 oz sardines (115 g)
- 7 oz baked beans (200 g), in tomato sauce
- 6 eggs, beated
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pats
- 5 lb yukon gold potato (2.2 kg), 1 bag, boiled
- Calories 966
- Fat 35g
- Carbs 133g
- Fiber 13g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 33g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, pepper, salt, and chili flakes, and cook for a 1-2 minutes, but don’t let the onions brown.
- Add the tomatoes, sardines, and baked beans, and cook for 4-5 minutes until the liquid reduces a bit.
- Stir in the eggs and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Place a pat of butter on 3-4 potatoes, then spoon the egg mixture on top.