No-Bake Brownie Cheesecake
This cheesecake could not be easier — you don’t even have to turn on your oven, making it perfect for those hot summer nights. It all starts with a box of brownie mix that gets folded into whipped cream cheese, a little sour cream, and some sugar. If you’re worried about consuming raw flour, don’t fret! We heat the brownie mix to kill any harmful bacteria and make it safe to eat.
for 8 servings
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies, plus 8, halved, divided
- ½ stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 box brownie mix
- 24 oz cream cheese (680 g), softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar (60 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup heavy cream (60 mL), room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream (120 g), room temperature
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Calories 709
- Fat 46g
- Carbs 67g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 50g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add 24 chocolate sandwich cookies to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until broken down into fine crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl and add the melted butter. Stir until well combined and the consistency resembles wet sand.
- Transfer the crust mixture to a 9-inch springform pan and firmly pat down in an even layer.
- Add the brownie mix to a large, heat-proof bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C). This will help kill any harmful bacteria. Set aside.
- Add the cream cheese to a separate large bowl and beat with an electric hand mixer on medium-high speed for 2–3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, heavy cream, and sour cream and beat until the filling is smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Gradually add the brownie mix and beat on low speed until fully incorporated and smooth, 1–2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth the top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or ideally overnight, until the filling is set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge, unwrap, and release the springform. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with whipped cream and the 8 halved chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Slice and serve. Leftover cheesecake will keep in the refrigerator for 2–3 days.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here