Nourishing Rainbow Protein Pot
Brighten up your day with this Nourishing Rainbow Protein Pot, packed with vibrant veggies and a protein punch! It's a colorful, healthy, and delicious meal that'll make you feel as good as it looks.
for 2 servings
- ¼ cup tahini (55 g)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 7 oz firm tofu (200 g), sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup dry quinoa (85 g), rinsed
- 1 ½ cups vegetable stock (360 mL)
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes (50 g)
- ⅓ cup sliced carrot (40 g)
- ½ cup chopped yellow bell pepper (50 g)
- ½ cup snap peas (50 g)
- ¼ cup large red onion (35 g), sliced
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage (100 g)
- kosher salt, to taste
- Calories 503
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 55g
- Fiber 34g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 23g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the tahini, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, garlic, water, salt, and pepper.
- Reserve half of the sauce for serving and add the tofu to the bowl with the remaining sauce. Toss to coat. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Cook the tofu until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove the tofu from the pan, then slice.
- Add the quinoa and vegetable stock to the same pot. Stir the quinoa and bring to a simmer over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and place a metal strainer over the simmering quinoa. Add the cherry tomatoes, carrot, yellow pepper, snap peas, red onion, and purple cabbage to the strainer and season with salt. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, until the quinoa is cooked and the veggies are tender.
- Remove the pot from the heat, fluff the quinoa and divide between 2 bowls, then top with the vegetables, tofu, and the reserved sauce.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.