94% would make again
Nutrient-Packed Colorful Super Salad
Boring salads no more! This colorful super salad is the perfect way to start the new year off with a bang. Carrot, broccoli, kale, cabbage, red bell pepper, and creamy avocado are just a few of the many ingredients that pack in tons of various vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to boost your health, AND they taste delicious! Crazy! This dish will be your new staple recipe to get tons of nutrients in one meal.
June 10, 2019
for 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons wole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed, toasted
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (60 mL)
- ¼ cup lemon juice (60 mL)
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil (80 mL)
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups lacinato kale (135 g), thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 cups broccoli floret (300 g)
- 2 cups red cabbage (200 g), thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup walnut (100 g), chopped
- ½ cup fresh parlsey (20 g), chopped
- Calories 397
- Fat 31g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a liquid measuring cup, combine the mustard, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, sesame seeds, cayenne, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil. Whisk until fully incorporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the kale, carrots, red cabbage, broccoli, red cabbage, bell pepper, avocado, walnuts, and parsley to a large serving bowl.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss until everything is well coated.
- Garnish with more toasted sesame seeds